How are Facebook and Twitter working for you?
Research confirmed what might be obvious. Products with a presence on Facebook and Twitter are favored by users of those social media, according to a published report in WebProNews in March 2010. The study, by Chadwick Martin Bailey and iModerate Research Technologies, indicates marketers benefit in word-of-mouth and direct sales.
WebProNews reporter Mike Sachoff wrote that 79 percent of tweeters and 60 percent of Facebook users recommend such brands to their friends.
Sixty-seven percent of tweeters and 51 percent of Facebook enthusiasts are predisposed to buying the products themselves.
Another conclusion: If a brand is not promoted on the two social mediums it is viewed in a negative light by users as not being contemporary.
And there were other interesting numbers, according to WebProNews, the 1500 respondents were asked: “What does it say about a brand if they are not involved with sites like Facebook or Twitter?”
The reporter listed these results:
- “It’s expected that a company have some digital face – whether it’s on FB or Twitter I don’t know – but they need a strong electronic presence or you doubt their relevance in today’s marketplace.” (Females 50-54)
- “Either they are not interested in the demographic that frequents Facebook and Twitter or they are unaware of the opportunity to get more exposure in a more interactive method.” (Males 35-39)
- “It shows they are not really with it or in tune with the new ways to communicate with customers.” (Females 18-24)
- “If they’re not on Facebook or Twitter, then they aren’t in touch with the ‘electronic’ people.” (Females 55-59)
OK, so have fun selling on Facebook and Twitter.
From the Coach’s Corner, here are three other related Biz Coach topics:
- Achieving Strong Results on Google Now Easier with Social Networking
- Facebook Clips Google – Is Google’s Bloom Falling off the Rose?
- E-Mail Marketers Plan to Greatly Increase Use of Videos, New Study
“The qualities that make Twitter seem insane and half-baked are what makes it so powerful.”
– Jonathan Zittrain
Author Terry Corbell has written innumerable online business-enhancement articles, and is a business-performance consultant and profit professional. Click here to see his management services. For a complimentary chat about your business situation or to schedule him as a speaker, consultant or author, please contact Terry.